Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meeting Baby Trenton

Like many expecting new moms I had planned out the ideal delivery scenario in my mind for months... just to be disappointed! Not that I had a bad delivery by any means, it was just not the "labor at home for a few hours, go to the hospital, couple pushes and poof..." However, it was still a successful day because in the end I had my husband by my side and a beautiful, healthy baby boy in my arms.


I was so glad to have Deven, my Mom, and a wonderful Doctor and Nurse staff there to support me. They made a great team! Deven was the quite teammate at my side, careful not to be too overbearing while providing a gentle soothing touch. My Mom was the vocal and compassionate cheerleader who sympathized with every difficult contraction. The Doctor and nurse were my motivational coaches. That must make me the MVP! Just kidding... the MVP was definitely Trenton!


The entire delivery took about 9 hours. He was born at 6:32 pm on August 13th.


This was my Mom's first time to Texas and first time to watch a delivery!


We didn't decide on his name until midnight!


He was 7lb 14oz. and 21.5 inches. Deven was 24 inches long when he was born!


The outfit we bought to take him home in was way too big!


Bringing him home was so exciting and a little bit nerve racking because he seemed so fragile.



Trenton will be such a blessing in our lives! We love him very much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that little series of pictures !!! So glad I was there...what an experience!!!

LOVELY THINGS said...

Hey, this is Elizabeth Chappell. I just found your blog through Amber's blog. Congrats on the baby! I didn't even know you were expecting! What a precious baby you have. We just had a baby a few weeks ago - they will have to be little buddies! Congrats again, glad to see you are doing so well.

Our Family Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones