Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pregnancy!



In December 2008 we announced our exciting news to our families. We were so glad we were able to tell everyone in person so we could see their reaction! We decided to wrap up a little box with baby socks inside and give it to our parents for Christmas. It took them a minute to put two and two together... but once they realized the socks were too small for them, they were very excited for us. It was so much fun!



To be honest, I loved being pregnant... well most of the time. The first trimester was a breeze without any morning sickness. I was eating healthy, exercising and continuing to work without a problem. Nobody knew I was pregnant unless I told them. I started collecting pregnancy books and studying up on anything pregnancy related because I wanted to do everything right. We bought our first baby item in the after Christmas clearance isle; a Christmas stalking-- one pink and one blue! At our very first doctors appointment we were able to see our baby in an ultrasound which was amazing! I made the nurse give me an educated guess on the gender of the baby despite her hesitation. The best she could do was say "I don't see anything down there." I over analysed that to mean it's possibly a girl!




Second trimester I was still feeling good. I started to get annoyed with my stomach that didn't quite look pregnant but just looked like I ate a big breakfast! However, I got on the scale almost everyday and praised myself for every pound gained. I was able to train my clients, teach my dance classes, run a 5k and read up on our baby's development faithfully. Our families almost had us convinced that we were having a girl, so you could imagine our surprise when the doctor told us it was a BOY!




Third trimester came along and I was still feeling like I could possibly luck out with the easiest pregnancy ever! I was able to finish teaching the dance semester, attend a week of girls camp in 100 degree weather and still get to work by 6 am every morning. Then the terrible 9th month came when my every day tasks like tying my shoes or getting in and out of the car became painful! My back was hurting, my feet would swell when I stood on them too long, I didn't want to eat healthy anymore, I felt like an old lady when I struggled to get out of bed.  I wanted to nap everyday and became uninterested in reading anymore pregnancy books! Reality set in that I was going to have to get this baby out of me and then know what to do once he was here!





4 comments:

Eevi said...

I'm so glad that you updated your blog. Now I just have to wait to see pictures of the baby boy!

Bryan, Taylor and Aspen said...

Love it Candis! I think you make the cutest pregnant sister I could ever wish for. I'm glad Trent has joined the family and that I get to talk to you on Skype and see him too! Way too much fun. Love you guys!

The Laters said...

Yay! You finally updated your blog! I am so excited to meet little Trenton! You looked so great during pregnancy! As you always do! I'm excited to see you guys at Christmas!

Krissi said...

hey hot mama! I loved reading all your updates, and can't wait to see pics of the little dude. I'm so sorry to hear about Deven's sister, she sounded amazing. Maybe we can have a skype playdate with the babies, me and Christa do it occasionally and it's a good time!

Our Family Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones