Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pregnancy

I am trying to find the words to sum up this pregnancy; how about LONG! This pregnancy seemed to last forever. Maybe because the first trimester was not as easy as my first pregnancy with Trenton. I was miserable with indigestion to the point where I didn't want to cook, bake, or even be around foods that I usually love. I just wanted to lay on the couch and feel bad for myself. But I really can't complain because that was the worst of it. And I got through it.


Second trimester was great. I made up for not eating by baking a batch of cookies and eating all of them myself on several occasions. I got a little bit tired of people telling me I didn't look pregnant because I definitely felt pregnant. I stayed fairly active, working at Fitness Together 2x's a week and taking Trent to parks or just chasing him around a grocery store. I jogged a 5k pushing Trent in a stroller at the end of this trimester which seemed to start the achy pain down my sciatic nerve in my right leg.

Third trimester is always the longest. My energy level was up and traveling to California was a good distraction for us. I was tired of crossing my legs and clenching every time that I sneezed, coughed or walked too fast in hopes that I would not have to change my pants. I started some serious baby preparation! I often had a list of things I wanted Deven to help me with. (I wonder how annoying that got?) We took Trent's changing table and crib away, which meant teaching him to sleep on a "big boy bed", and started potty training him (I can dream can't I). I began a serious research on baby girl crib bedding and nursery themes, and organizing boxes of clothes generously given to me by some girlfriends who claim not to need them anymore. I was nervous about the delivery but was more nervous about what Trent and I would do without each other while I was in the hospital with a new baby!

Carrying Trent and a baby... I wont miss that.
Deven loved to take flattering pictures of me sitting like this. I think I have a dozen.
I don't miss this belly... maybe just a little bit.

1 comment:

The Laters said...

Miss you guys tons!! Can't wait until thanksgiving!

Our Family Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones