Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blue Bell Fun Run 2011

This picture pretty much sums it up. The Blue Bell Fun Run is a 5 and 10k run held annually in the hills of Brenham, TX which we have participated in for the past 4 years. The main reason we participate; all you can eat Blue Bell ice cream after the race! If you don't know Blue Bell ice cream... you don't know Texas or my husband, Deven. Brenham is home to the Blue Bell Factory and feels like it is out in the middle of nowhere but is a beautiful drive through fields that are now blooming with bluebonnets and other wildflowers.


My claim to fame this year is that I finished the race... and that was the extent of my goal. I am now 7 1/2 months pregnant and was pushing Trent in a stroller up and down hills. The hardest part was trying not to hit one of the 3,000 + participants with the stroller. I would do it again though. I love the atmosphere of events like this.
His reward for sitting in the stroller for 40 minutes... lots of ice cream. What a healthy breakfast!

Deven conquered the 10k and almost finished it in the same amount of time it took Trent and I to run the 5k. He is now preparing for the CB&I triathlon that will take place in a few weeks.

We'll be back next year! Maybe Trent will be able to participate in the kids 1 mile event!

1 comment:

Eevi said...

I want to do a race like that!! You are such a tiny cute pregnant woman!! Good luck for the last few months!

Our Family Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones