Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's a...

The night before our 20 week ultrasound appointment I told Deven that the anticipation of finding out if it we are having a boy or girl felt like going to bed before Christmas morning. But this gift is more precious and exciting than any beautifully wrapped present under the tree. I could hardly sleep, I woke up an hour earlier than normal, showered, read my scriptures, got a load of laundry going, ate a full breakfast and did my makeup before I got in the car. Can't say that that happens every morning.

Trent waited not so patiently in the doctors office with Deven and I to find out which sign he was going to send to his grandparents, aunts, and uncles with the news.





Then finally!...






I am sooo excited-- Deven, a little nervous. I definitely wanted a girl, but when she told us it was a girl I must admit I was sad that Trenton didn't get a brother and I don't get to add to my collection of "boys" as I refer to Deven and Trent as "my boys". But YAY for baby girls! Taylor, my sister, is having a girl 3 months earlier than us so they will be best friends! (If we can ever live on the same continent.) So happy today!

15 comments:

Eevi said...

totally didnt know you were pregnant! i'm loving my little girl and you will too!!yay:)

Bryan, Taylor and Aspen said...

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am so excited!! I think I've left you a message in every location possible! That's what happens when living far away I guess. I can't believe we will have girls so close in age. Does it get any better than that? I don't think so! Love to all 4 of you!

Rydgd said...

congrats!! that is so so exciting! time to start shopping!:)

The Laters said...

Congrats!! Girls are SO fun! I'm excited for you guys!

Elisafaith13 said...

YAHHOOOOO!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED [Grammy and Grandpa Later-and AUNT NAE NAE :)] It won't be too long now and We can hold her:)
She'll capture your heart
with her sweet little grin
Or scream, or talk and beg till your patience wears thin
But obedient, naughty,
mischievous or coy
She's Mom's [and GRANMMY'S] little Darling & Dad's [and GRANPA'S] Pride & Joy.
We can hardly wait...WE LOVE YOU ~4
Grammy
I love your BLOG/WEBSITE

Elisafaith13 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil and Ashlee said...

Yay for a little girl! Congrats, I'm so excited for you guys.

Christa Skousen said...

How exciting!! We were so thrilled when we got your christmas card with your announcement! We are actually going in tomorrow to have our 20 week ultrasound. And you are right, the anticipation is better than christmas!

Laura Later-Smith said...

I'm so thrilled and happy for all of you! She will be just as cherished as Trenton is. It's going to be wonderful to have a little boy and baby girl. Trenton will be a wonderful, older brother, just as Deven and his brothers were for Amanda. Wish I was there to hug you all. All of my love to all of you!

Bethany said...

YAY! Bring on the bows and fluffy bottomed pants. Girls are so much fun!

Bethany said...

YAY! Bring on the bows and fluffy bottomed pants. Girls are so much fun!

Tami said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Krissi said...

Yay for little girls! Finding out the gender is the mid-pregnancy treat!

Ash said...

This is going to be so much fun! I didn't know your sister was having a girl too! That is the best! Congratulations again!

Julia said...

Hey just saw your blog on Ashleys. I'm sooo excited for you! That's awesome!! Oh I love girls.

Our Family Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones