Thursday, August 19, 2010

1st Cake, 1st Candle, 1st Birthday!

One year old! What an accomplishment! Trent and Cole are one week apart so we thought it would be fun to have a little boy birthday bash with a few friends. I did my best not to feed any sweets to Trent before he turned one, so the birthday cake was a very anticipated event for Deven and I.

Trent loves bananas so I made a semi-healthy banana cake and decorated it with a thin layer of frosting... ha! I didn't have much time to decorate the cake while a little boy was crying at my feet and Deven was at the beach with the Young Men's group. Someday a cake decorating class would be fun... but this will do for now. Check out these boys cake eating techniques:






It was so much fun to have all of these boys so close in age interact together. I leaned quickly that you can't expect too much cooperation, sharing and friendly playing let alone getting them to sit still for a picture at this age. I also found out that Trent is kind of a bully... or should I say very curious... nonetheless we are working on our manners!






Since the birthday party did not fall directly on Trenton's actual birthday, we had a mini celebration on the 13th. Kelsay is our sweet neighbor and insisted that we come over to her house for cake and ice cream. She is known as "Mam Ma" by her grandchildren and has adopted Trenton as one of her own. She has pictures of him up in her house and Trenton will often wander to her front door step. What a sweet pair.




I love taking pictures of Trenton because I want to capture every little moment I have with him. Sometimes I have to force myself to put the camera down so I can just be in the moment with him. I already feel bad for our future children because I know I will not take as many pictures! I would love to learn more about photography and get a SLR camera (camera with a lens). Better start saving up... those things can get expensive!


Dear Trenton,
I can't believe it has already been one year since you entered into my life. You have taught me so much about who I am and what I want out of this life. You are truly a blessing to your Dad and I. You are a strong little man who will do many great things, but for now you are my baby boy who I get to hold and to love. I promise I will do my best to teach you all you need to know to be happy in this life. I love you so much.
Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

Candis your little boy Trenton is so so so cute! I love his blonde hair! Its so fun to see all that is going on in your cute family.

PS you are gorgeous!!

Tami said...

Happy Birthday Trenton! That is so exciting! Very cute pictures of a very cute boy!

Krissi said...

You guys have one adorable guy on your hands! Candis, I love seeing you as a mom and how Trenton completely has your heart. Maybe someday our kiddos will meet before they are freshman at BYU together :)

Bryan, Taylor and Aspen said...

Oh how I love this! He is too cute for words. Nice job with the b-day party. I wish I could smash my face in a cake like that! Especially your banana cake!

Our Family Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones