Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter



We sure have fun celebrating each new holiday with our little man, Trent. He is so responsive to his surroundings which makes it fun to introduce him to new traditions. You would never know this was his first Easter. When he saw the Easter baskets first thing in the morning he got very excited and cracked open an egg to get to the jelly beans inside. Note: I know this is bad parenting- colorful, sugary, choking hazard- but as his mother for seven long months I've learned not to underestimate his danger seeking abilities. I was quick to get rid of the jelly beans.






I love to build little forts for Trent with blankets and toys, but Deven took the fort building to a whole new level with this cardboard fortress!

Trent and I stood by as the fort grew larger and stronger. We love it because we can throw different patterned blankets over the top to keep it interesting. Once it was built we realized it is too big to move through door ways, so it is now a beautiful addition to our living room. Lilly likes it too.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

3 comments:

-- said...

wow love the cardboard fort. I can't believe how big he is getting! Candis my goodness I really miss you. Are you still teaching dance?

Tami said...

Oh my goodness, what a cuttie! I love the pictuers! I need to try making forts for Spencer, looks like fun! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Bryan, Taylor and Aspen said...

Go Deven! What a cool fort and such cute pictures of Trent.

Our Family Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones